Sunday, April 26, 2009

Time for another update + some fan art!

I was feeling kind of depressed the other day. My mediocre computer had just crapped out and gone into a coma (from which it has yet to awaken) and I was feeling down, so I decided to liven things up by listening to Black Tide and drawing the most awesome thing I could think of at the time. The music I listen to tends to influence my drawing, so when it's a lot of crazy hard rock/metal this is the result.
I thought: what is the most awesome thing possible? After some pensive mutterings, I came up with the above image: a Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine rockin' a badass guitar solo on top of a pile of defeated Orks and Chaos followers. Perhaps not the most awesome thing ever, but definitely up there. I felt decidedly cheered after drawing this.
I know, it's colored but not shaded. The shading I may do at some point, but the coloring alone took me well over three hours, and I'm not sure if I'm up for another Photoshop marathon. So anyway, there you are, with my latest work.

No comments: